top of page
Whether you’re buying your first investment Buy to Let or adding to your existing portfolio, our team will help find the best deals for you.
What is a
Buy to Let?
A Buy to Let is a type of investment from owning a property. A mortgage is taken out on a property that you want to rent out for an additional income.
These can be set up on a capital and repayment basis, combination of both or commonly “interest only” basis which means that you only pay the interest on the mortgage each month. The mortgage or amount you owe to the Lender will be paid at the end of the mortgage term, usually through the sale of the property.
The Application Process
1) Call Us - To discuss your requirements. Our specialist advisers will go through a fact-finding process with you and request documentation to help determine the right solution for you.
2) Decision in Principle (DIP) - Your adviser will discuss their recommendations with you. If you are happy to proceed, they will submit a DIP to the lender. If the lender accepts this, they will loan you the funds if the information you have provided to them during the application process is correct, subject to the valuation.
3) Application - Once the DIP has been approved, the mortgage adviser will submit the application to the lender.
4) Underwriting – Once the lender has received your application it will be passed on to the underwriters to assess. They will check and verify the information you have submitted to them.
5) Valuation – The underwriters will request a valuation on the property. This may be a physical valuation, or a desktop valuation depending on their requirements. The purpose of this is to ensure that there are no issues with the property.
6) Offer – Once the underwriters have assessed the supporting documentation and valuation, they will accept your application and issue a mortgage offer.
7) Conveyancing – On your acceptance of the mortgage offer, the lender will instruct a solicitor to arrange all the legal paperwork to transfer from one lender to the other.
8) Completion – Once the paperwork has been signed by you, your solicitor will set a date to ensure that the funds will be issued to pay your current lender and excess of funds to be paid to you.
You should be aware of the fees that may be involved in buying / remortgaging a property which may include:
Mortgage product fees subject to lender
Valuation fees subject to lender
Solicitor / legal fees
Independent valuation that you may wish to carry out
As a seller / vendor – estate agent fees
What makes us unique?
Whole of market - this means we are not tied to any lender and can use all the lenders available to us in the market
We understand the complexity of different lenders criteria and we're here to bridge that gap to make the whole mortgage process as simple as possible
We provide independent, bespoke and unbiased advice
With Crystal Financial Solutions operating for over 20 years, you gain from the wealth of our experienced advisers
We offer a clear solution based upon your individual situation and match the best lenders to your financial circumstances
We look after the whole process from start to finish, from the first meeting to completion
How much can I borrow on a mortgage?
Use the calculator below to find out how much you could borrow on your mortgage
*This is an indicative figure. Please call us to get an accurate figure.
Speak to one of our Mortgage Advisers
Provide your details below and one of our experienced protection advisers will be in touch.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Our typical fee for mortgages is £250. However, this can vary subject to your circumstances.
The value of your investments can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested.
bottom of page