top of page
Looking to renew your fixed rate or raise capital on your property?
We use lenders from the whole of market to help you source the best deals based on your circumstances and needs.
How does Remortgaging my Property work?
Remortgaging is the process of taking out a new mortgage on a property you already own and replacing the existing mortgage on the property. This can be with the same lender or a different lender depending on your circumstances & needs, and the lenders criteria.
You can have a remortgage on your existing residential property, or a Buy to Let investment property.
If your fixed rate period is coming to an end, your mortgage will be transferred to the lenders Standard Variable Rate or “SVR”. This could cost you a lot more per month on your mortgage payments.
What Is the Right Solution for Me?
You may want a remortgage to:
• Get a better fixed rate deal to help reduce your payments for a period of time which can help you manage your monthly financial commitments.
• If you want to make home improvements, buying a car, looking for a deposit for another property or paying for a wedding etc, you could borrow more from the Lender against the value of your property (equity) by releasing funds as a part of your remortgage to put towards your project.
• If you have any outstanding debts, you could consolidate and pay them off quicker by releasing equity from your home.
In some instances, a remortgage may not be suitable for you. Our mortgage advisers will discuss this with you based on your circumstances.
How We Can Help You?
We understand that it can be a stressful time when going through a remortgage whatever the situation. Book a free consultation today with our specialist and friendly advisers who are at hand to support you from start to finish.
1) Call Us - To discuss your requirements. Our specialist advisers will go through a fact-finding process with you and request documentation to help determine the right solution for you.
2) Decision in Principle (DIP) - Your adviser will discuss their recommendations with you. If you are happy to proceed, they will submit a DIP to the lender. If the lender accepts this, they will loan you the funds if the information you have provided to them during the application process is correct, subject to the valuation.
3) Application - Once the DIP has been approved, the mortgage adviser will submit the application to the lender.
4) Underwriting – Once the lender has received your application it will be passed on to the underwriters to assess. They will check and verify the information you have submitted to them.
5) Valuation – The underwriters will request a valuation on the property. This may be a physical valuation, or a desktop valuation depending on their requirements. The purpose of this is to ensure that there are no issues with the property.
6) Offer – Once the underwriters have assessed the supporting documentation and valuation, they will accept your application and issue a mortgage offer.
7) Conveyancing – On your acceptance of the mortgage offer, the lender will instruct a solicitor to arrange all the legal paperwork to transfer from one lender to the other.
8) Completion – Once the paperwork has been signed by you, your solicitor will set a date to ensure that the funds will be issued to pay your current lender and excess of funds to be paid to you.
You should be aware of the fees that may be involved in buying / remortgaging a property which may include:
Mortgage product fees subject to lender
Valuation fees subject to lender
Solicitor / legal fees
Independent valuation that you may wish to carry out
As a seller / vendor – estate agent fees
What makes us unique?
Whole of market - this means we are not tied to any lender and can use all the lenders available to us in the market
We understand the complexity of different lenders criteria and we're here to bridge that gap to make the whole mortgage process as simple as possible
We provide independent, bespoke and unbiased advice
With Crystal Financial Solutions operating for over 20 years, you gain from the wealth of our experienced advisers
We offer a clear solution based upon your individual situation and match the best lenders to your financial circumstances
We look after the whole process from start to finish, from the first meeting to completion
How much can I borrow on a mortgage?
Use the calculator below to find out how much you could borrow on your mortgage
*This is an indicative figure. Please call us to get an accurate figure.
Speak to one of our Mortgage Advisers
Provide your details below and one of our experienced protection advisers will be in touch.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Our typical fee for mortgages is £250. However, this can vary subject to your circumstances.
The value of your investments can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested.
bottom of page